Monday 11 January 2010

Adam in Australia

First, let me start off by wishing all a belated Happy New Year! I hope everyone's NYE was fun and the holidays were spent with those closest to you.

Anyway, as you can see from the revised title.. I'm no longer in the UK. Yep. The time had arrived to call an end to my sojourn in the UK. We are now in Australia, having arrived on Sunday. So this gives me a chance to send a quick apology out to the many friends I've not emailed back lately or seen or didn't say goodbye to. As you can imagine, the past couple of months or so has been pretty hectic! Sorting out shipping etc has been fun to say the least. I'm going to spend the next few days catching up on emails/calls/visits etc.

So for the short to medium term, Fran and I are in Aussie. No more cold weather, well at least the winters here only last a month really!
Our last day in London was blessed with some great weather though. Cold, crisp, clear skies until a brief snow shower, followed by a beautiful sunset. It was a great send-off.

I hope everyone has a great 2010.
For me, I'm going to be quietly building up my portfolio and hope to launch a new site in 2011. This year therefore will be quite busy.

On the gear front, I'm about to receive my first 1-series camera: the EOS 1D Mark IV. I'm so excited about this camera and the possiblities it can give to photographers: low light shooting, coupled with movie quality full 1080p HD video recording. Hopefully this year I'll also be receiving a 24 1.4 II for some work I want to do on starfield photography. We'll see though. This is an expensive hobby and I don't yet have a job :)
rarrr.. dole anyone? haha

So I might be a bit quiet on the blog-front this year. We've one or two trips planned of course. You can't stop this man travelling that's for sure. Hopefully towards the end of the year I should have some more detail on the new site.

Thanks for those who have followed in 2009. My subscriber list is actually bigger than I ever expected, for which I am forever greatful. I'm also now on Facebook and plan to put my "business" on there late this year as well. Look out for that!

Much love to everyone. Best of luck for the coming year.

Cheers
Adam, Sydney, 31 degrees :)

2 comments:

Dainty Talons said...

Adam – can you recommend a good disposable camera? They are easily the best value for money so I reckon you should consider one for your next purchase.

David Ford said...

A 1D Mk IV! I's super jealous! I'm shooting with a 50D at the moment.

I look foward to seeing what you achieve with it!